SINCE 1991, THE MISSION OF LEADERSHIP PASCO is to identify and recruit current or potential leaders of Pasco County, facilitate the development and interaction of those leaders, and to foster an issues-oriented learning environment for these leaders and the citizens of Pasco County in order to encourage an exchange of ideas and generate enthusiasm for community growth and development.
Leadership Pasco improves our county by developing and uniting action-oriented leaders throughout all facets of our county, public and private. We follow a multipronged approach to accomplishing our mission: issues-oriented learning, informed principled leadership and active interaction throughout our communities. To accomplish this, we:
- Identify and recruit current or potential leaders of Pasco County;
- Facilitate the development and interaction of those leaders;
- Foster an issues-oriented learning environment and a shared approach to learning about the County that encourages informed decisions, thought through actions, based on our local, county-wide, regional and Floridian needs; Build lasting relationships that generate passion and continue growth in people, businesses and non-profit organizations throughout Pasco County; and
- Encourage a diverse community of leaders that broadens local understanding and advances the ever changing needs of Pasco County Florida.
Like all County Leadership organizations throughout Florida we appreciate that each city, town, neighborhood, subdivision and settlement is complex and requires the ability to operate in the context of each County and the State of Florida. Participants explore Pasco County’s critical issues through a series of tours, seminars & panel discussions, learning teams, hands-on activities and a two-day retreat. Today’s environment requires participants to have the ability to identify issues that cross many boundaries with
- County-wide perspective,
- A can do mind-set,
- Commitment to diversity,
- Respect for our natural resources, and
- A personal responsibility for interpreting the values in which our community operates.
Our top priorities are informing and learning. Leadership Pasco Program (LPP) began in 1990 as a year-long educational program for adults.
The program consists of 30-40 participants selected from across the County. It is designed as a leadership program that explores critical issues through a series of seminars and hands-on activities.
The program is for anyone interested in community involvement and in perpetuating the prosperity of Pasco County Florida.
Our program includes topics such as the History of Pasco County, Leadership Skills, Tourism, Public and Private Educational Resources, Health and Human Services, Social Services, Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice, Economic and Business Development, Government, Media and Infrastructure.
A selection committee has been used to determine the composition of each class assuring diversity; from a variety of businesses, non-profits, educational, government agencies, cultures and functional backgrounds. Class-size is limited and commitment to the program remains paramount.
We are committed to creating new County knowledge. Our Program Chair and Program Directors are Leadership Pasco Alumni who are armed with practical knowledge so we can continually advance our programs content.
We maintain a strong bond with non-profits, government agencies, businesses, and organizations like the Pasco County Historical Preservation Society, West Pasco Historical Society and the History of Pasco County Florida website; constantly interfacing with our local communities in a variety of activities.